Sunday, January 13, 2013

I Actually Made Something From Pinterest!

I am sure there are many folks out there who can relate to the following statement: I LOVE PINTEREST.  I have spent many an hour pinning pictures of recipes, outfits and general pretty things, but I've never actually done anything with the pins. 

Until today! I came across a recipe a while back for raw cookie dough bites, and after following the link to the recipe I decided to give them a try. These scrumptious little bites of heaven were super simple and quick to make (they literally took me 5 minutes). Plus - they're much healthier than regular cookies, so there's almost zero guilt! Even Vlady raved about how yummy they are, and he's not a huge sweets fan. 

I will definitely be making these over and over, and it's made me want to give so many more of the Pinterest recipes a try!

Raw Cookie Dough Bites

Yield: 12-16 bites (depending on how big you roll them)

Ingredients:
2/3 cup raw almonds
2/3 cup raw walnuts
2/3 cup raw oat flakes
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup raw agave nectar
2 tsp pure vanilla
3 tbsp cacao nibs or dark chocolate nibs

Directions:
1. In a food processor, process the almonds, walnuts, oats, cinnamon and salt to a fine meal.
2. Add the agave nectar and vanilla and process to combine.
3. Next, add the cacao nibs or chocolate chips and pulse just to combine.
4. Roll the cookie dough into balls about 1 tbsp each (wet your hands if the dough is too sticky) and place them on a cookie pan lined with parchment paper. Place the pan in the freezer for about an hour to firm up. Store the balls in a tightly covered container in the fridge.

Notes from me:
- This recipe was made for people who only eat raw food, which I do not, so I purchased regular agave nectar.
- Honey could be substituted for agave nectar, but I think the agave gives a slightly caramel flavor that really made the bites taste like cookie dough. 

Ingredients


The finished product in the food processor. 
Yummm!!!!

One more thing: that cinnamon is the best I have ever tried (Vietnamese Saigon cinnamon), and I highly recommend the company that sells it. Savory Spice Shop has stores all over the country (including in Raleigh) but they also have an online store that I regularly order many of my spices and seasonings from. They even send sample seasonings with every purchase! Check them out - you will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment