Saturday, January 5, 2013

Best EVER Buffalo Chicken Dip

Hi guys! Long time no see!

I feel like all of my blogs now begin with "I've been busy and haven't blogged in two months..", so one of my new years resolutions is to post WAY more often. Other resolutions involve going to the gym often (of course), and cooking more. Ever since we moved to NYC I've slowly been cooking less, and less and less.. It was getting to the point where we were ordering in almost every night. Yikes! That probably has a lot to do with the extra pounds that have creeped on.

But I don't only want to cook more so that I can be healthy, I also want to cook more because I LOVE it. I've already cooked twice this week, so I'm off to a good start (one of those recipes to come).

So I figured why not go ahead and share one of my favorite low-fat recipes EVER. I make this dip for almost every party because it is always a favorite amongst our friends, and I know people will devour it. I originally took the recipe from my brother in-law, so I have to give him the credit for first getting me hooked on this. Enjoy!!

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Ingredients:
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 cup low-fat ranch dressing
1 cup Franks Original hot sauce
1 8oz block (1/3 less fat) cream cheese
1 package shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Directions:
Boil chicken breasts on medium heat for 30-45 minutes, or until cooked through. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

While chicken is boiling, cut cold cream cheese into cubes and place into an 11"x8" baking dish that is lightly sprayed with Pam. Evenly sprinkle cheese on top of cubes.

Pour ranch and hot sauce on mixture and place in the oven, uncovered, for 7-10 minutes. Stir mixture and put back in the oven for another 7-10 minutes and stir until mixed well.

Shred chicken and mix into cheese mixture. Cover with foil and bake an additional 20-30 minutes.

*A note on shredding chicken: I prefer to shred the breasts using 2 forks, but I've read that throwing it in a mixer is much, much quicker. Perhaps I'll try that one of these days.

All of the ingredients.
Cream cheese in the greased pan.

With the cheese added.

Topped with the ranch and hot sauce (plus a few extra dabs of Franks - I love that stuff!).


No comments:

Post a Comment