Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Slutty Brownies

You read that title correctly: slutty brownies.

Now I know that I promised an "after" post of our apartment as my next entry, but I'm going to be honest about why that isn't happening today. Although our place was in tip-top shape for our housewarming party, and while this would have been a prime time to snap some photos, I was too busy getting ready and making slutty brownies to take any.

Seeing as how the party was on Saturday and it is now a Tuesday the only other excuse I have is: I've been sucked into the Hunger Games trilogy. No seriously, that's the second reason I haven't taken pictures of our decorated place yet... because I can't put down those books! I also had to watch the first movie.. so..

Anyways, back to slutty brownies. Although I still can't get over the name of the recipe, I did in fact make a batch for the housewarming party after a friend recommended them over plain ol' brownies. They're called "slutty" brownies because they're "super easy, and more than a little bit filthy".. he he. Or at least that's what this blog says, which is where I was directed to retrieve the recipe (also: if you're looking for photos of the brownies, check out that girls post.. because I didn't take any. Oops).

Although these brownies are not my typical recipe (re: they are not good for you in any way, shape or form), they were simply to die for! There was not a single piece left after Saturday night, and I'm secretly grateful for that because that means no temptations sitting on my kitchen counter!

This recipe literally takes 45 minutes (including baking time) to make, so the easiness factor was a huge draw for me. I might make it my new mission to make this recipe in a reduced fat version. Could it be possible? Perhaps if I make my own batters instead of using mixes..

Hmmm..

Slutty Brownies

Ingredients

  • 1 box of chocolate chip cookie mix (and the ingredients the mix calls for: ex, oil, eggs, water, etc)
  • 1 box of brownie mix  (and the ingredients the mix calls for: ex, oil, eggs, water, etc)
  • 16-20 Oreos (double stuffed, preferably)
That's it!

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9"x13" baking dish with cooking spray, or line the edges with parchment paper (I didn't have any parchment paper on hand, and a good coat of Pam worked just fine). Follow the directions on the cookie mix box, mix cookie dough batter. 

Spread cookie dough evenly on the bottom of the pan (hands work best for that one) until it covers the bottom. Top with as many Oreos as you can fit (I fit 20). 

Follow the directions on the brownie mix box and pour over the Oreos. Bake for 30-40 minutes until done (note: when inserting a toothpick to check if it's done, it might come out looking underdone..but the melted chocolate chips and Oreos will do that). 

Let cool until just barely warm, cut into even pieces and serve. Watch as they are devoured!




No comments:

Post a Comment