Thursday, August 16, 2012

Lately

I feel like this summer has flown by. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was enjoying my Memorial Day? How is it already just a few short weeks until the end of summer?

Yikes!

The main reason time has been slipping by so quickly though is due to the fact that I've been traveling a lot. Quite a bit more than usual, actually. We spent some time at the beach, both in the Hamptons and in Cape Cod, and we celebrated Tatum's first birthday in Raleigh at the end of July. Also, we both had our own birthdays at the beginning of July and extended the celebrations out through the end of the month!

On top of all of the traveling we also moved into a larger apartment, and I began a new role at work. I'm feeling the urge to slow down for a little while.. it's time to catch my breath!

All of that being said, the last few months have been really great and full of memories that will last me a lifetime. So I guess I shouldn't be complaining too much :) 

Below are a few snapshots from our summer:

 My birthday celebration


 Tatum's First Birthday! Best "Smash Cake" ever :)
Photo courtesy of my dad

My sister reading one of Tatum's cards to her

Hanging with my girl!

 A lighthouse in Cap Cod

Truro Vineyard in Cape Cod

I guess that it's only fitting that I will be spending my last weekend of the summer (Labor day weekend) traveling back home again! I'm OK with summer coming to a close though.. Fall is my favorite season, by far, so bring on the pretty leaves, comfy clothes, pumpkin flavored anything, and football!

No comments:

Post a Comment