Thursday, August 23, 2012

New Apartment- Before

As I alluded to in this post, it's taken us quite a while to get settled in to our new place. We are finally (officially) set-up, and we're having some folks over this weekend to celebrate! Below are the "before" pictures of the space.. basically, this is what our apartment looks like completely empty. I will post the "after" pictures of how we've decorated this weekend.

This is the first apartment that I've lived in since college that has felt the most like "home". I put "home" in parenthesis because my mom likes to remind me that my real home is in fact down south, with my family. I have to agree with her, but to me this apartment feels way more comfortable and home-like than our studio ever did.

Maybe it's because it is a true 1-bedroom and I don't feel like I'm living in a hotel (as I sometimes did with our one room studio). Or maybe it's because we've really put in the time and effort to make this place exaclty how we want it. Either way, I'm very happy with our decision to move into this apartment, and I can't wait to show the finished product!



Bedroom, looking in from the door

Bedroom (and closet) looking down towards the living room


Living Room view from the front hallway

Living room view looking towards the bedroom

Bathroom

Kitchen, one side


Kitchen, the other side


Balcony


No comments:

Post a Comment