Friday, August 5, 2011

Shocking!

I meant to write about this a while ago, but with all of the new developments in my life (new niece, new upcoming job), and my love for sleeping in late and watching Food Network and HGTV all day I have just not had the time! ....

Most of the people who know me know that I am far from graceful: I often trip while walking, and I run into just about anything and everything (the hidden-under-the-duvet-cover corners of our bed have become the nemesis to my poor bruised shins).  But thankfully I have never considered myself to be accident prone. As in I've never had a broken bone, had to make a trip to the ER, etc. (knock on wood). Did that stop me from electrocuting myself though? NOPE, it didn't.

That's right, I electrocuted myself. It happened on Vlady's birthday as I was getting ready to take him uptown for a surprise get together with his family. Just as I was plugging in my hair dryer my fingernail ever so slightly went into the socket and ZAP, I got shocked! It was a very strange sensation, and after it happened I stood there for a second confused, then walked out of the bathroom, sat down on the bed (hair dryer still in hand) and ever so casually said to Vlady, "I just electrocuted myself". He quickly assessed that I was alright, and my hair wasn't sticking straight up on my head, so no need to worry.. but I think the look on my face had him concerned for a second.

Oh, and I killed my hairdryer. Which was a bummer because it was still in great working condition. On a positive note though, the new hairdryer that I ended up buying is awesome and I'm not missing the old one a bit! Here's the new one that I bought, I highly recommend it:

I can just see my mom now, head hanging down and shaking in concern... but don't worry mom, one electrocution was enough. I've learned my lesson: never stick your fingers into sockets. And I may start wearing a helmet and knee pads around the apartment just to be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment