Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Time Flies

Well, I've officially been in New York for 6 months.. I can't believe it has already been that long! We've had a really great time living here, and although I miss my friends and family in NC, I am so happy with my decision to move here.

That being said, there are a couple of things that I miss about the small(er) city living, and they're things that actually really surprise me:

1) Driving: I've learned that I prefer spending the down time to and from work in the privacy of a car, but mainly I miss singing my heart out to the latest Lady Gaga without judgement.

Hyundai Elantra, my old car

2) Target: It really may be for the best that there is no Target remotely close to us, seeing as how I could never go into one and come out with ONLY the items on my list. But I do miss having a one stop (cheap) shop for items such as cleaning supplies, toiletries, household items, beauty products, etc. Here in NYC I can usually find what I need from the local drug store, but the variety isn't great and the prices are high. 

3) Seeing stars: Getting to see the gorgeous city lights every night is really great, but I do miss looking up sometimes and just gazing at the stars (and maybe making a wish or two)..



That being said, I love this city and I will continue to explore and enjoy all of the amazing things it has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment