Sunday, September 11, 2011

Favorite things from this week

Here are a couple of things from this past week that I've really enjoyed.

1) This apple cider:


We picked up some of this delicious stuff last week at the Union Square farmers market, and we've been drinking it non stop ever since. It's from Breezy Hill Orchard and I honestly think that it's the best apple cider I've ever had. Which is why when I went back to the farmers market this weekend I picked up some more!

2) And speaking of the Union Square farmers market, that's my second favorite thing of the week:

The farmer's market in Union Square is quickly becoming one of my favorite things about where we live. It's only 2 blocks away, which makes carrying home arm-fulls of groceries less painful, and I'm told that the market even stays open through the winter months. This past week I picked up the apple cider and then dinner for Sunday night which included: sourdough bread, new potatoes, green beans, mushrooms and some truly delish pheasant sausage that I got on "sale" since it was the last package (I now know why they sold out so quickly, it was so good).  For dinner I roasted the new potatoes with some rosemary, cooked the sausage, then cooked the mushrooms and greenbeans in the same pan to absorb the flavor, threw it all together and voila! I didn't have anything specific in mind when I was shopping on Saturday, I just sort of bought what looked good, and that's what I ended up with: a yummy meal that came entirely from local farms, and involved no recipes. Gotta love it!

3) This girls blog: http://ramshackleglam.com/blog/

I've been really into reading blogs recently, and I've become a huge fan of this girl. She writes about everything from fashion to relationship advice, and she always has some great recipes to share. She even featured one of my recipes on her blog after I sent her the recipe letting her know that it's one of my favorites. 

4) Friends and Football:


On Saturday night we got together at a friends house for a house warming/Michigan football viewing party. Our friends just bought and moved in to their new place, and since they and a lot of our other friends up here are Michigan fans they decided it'd be good to celebrate the house and game by having us all over. The game was a serious nail biter with 3 touchdowns being made in the last 1:20, but victory was had when Michigan beat Notre Dame in the last 28 seconds of the game! But mainly it was just a really, really great time spent with good friends and good football. 

Oh, and I took the copious amounts of leftovers of this dish since there was no way that Vlady and I could have finished it all. It seemed to be a hit! 


5) Lastly, this little nugget:


That's a picture of my niece, Tatum, from when my family went to the beach last weekend. I've been looking at this picture non stop for the past week... she's just so darn cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment