Sunday, March 10, 2013

Going Gluten Free

This post makes me kind of sad.. mainly because after tonight I will be going on a gluten free diet.

Sigh.

Long story short, I've had stomach pains and problems for about as long as I can remember, and last year I decided to do something about it. Thankfully the results came back that I don't have Chron's or celiac disease, but my doctor mentioned that adopting a gluten free diet would be a good idea. Except I never actually heeded that advice, until now - after I've finally had enough of dealing with the symptoms!

This is going to be tough though, since so many of my favorite things have gluten in them (beer! pasta!), but it will be worth it. Also, since I know for a fact that I don't have celiac's (probably just a gluten intolerance I was told), then I know that if I really, really want that Corona - I can have it. We're also getting ready to go to Paris, and I'm sure a croissant and some baguette will be in order at least once.

But for the sake of my health and confidence I will be maintaining a gluten free diet the majority of the time. I've also decided to give up pork products - for really no other reason than they make me feel sick and I've lost the taste for them. I don't think I'd say no to the occasional piece of ham - but all other pork products I'm happy to say goodbye to.



For anyone who currently eats gluten free, do you have any recommendations? I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed at this point at the number of things that are now no longer an option, so any tips and tricks (and recipes!) are more than welcome.

Here's hoping this finally fixes all of the frustrating problems I've been experiencing for years, and years, and years...

No comments:

Post a Comment