Friday, February 17, 2012

Confessions of a Shopoholic: Week 2

Man, this no shopping for 6 months thing is so much harder than I thought it would be.

No joke.

I don't know if it's because I'm forcing myself to not buy anything for the first time in while (I did this once also a few years back, but for a shorter period of time), or if it's because all of the gorgeous spring stuff in stores is taunting me.. or maybe it's because it was Fashion Week here in NYC last week, so I feel extra heightened to all things fashion right now.

Either way, I'm struggling. I haven't cheated yet though, I swear!

There are some very generous people in my life who have bought me a few small things though, and I am very grateful for their generosity! While visiting home a few weeks back, my sister wanted to show me this boutique she'd found that she knew I would love. It had adorable clothes, accessories and shoes, and everything was priced really well. So yup, she was right.. I loved it all! But.. I had to make the decision to not try on a single piece of clothing (I picked up numerous items thinking I'd try them on 'for the fun of it', but changed my mind realizing that was the first step towards purchasing).

While in the store (which is in Raleigh and is called Vestique, by the way) I had been oogling this gorgeous, purple tribal print scarf for a while (see below). I was sort of doing a dance where I'd walk over to it, pick it up, try it on, put it down, then walk away.. and repeat. Sticking to my guns though I decided that I wouldn't buy it, no matter how much I loved it. But many thanks go to my amazing mom, because she offered to buy the scarf for me (it was only $18), and although I was hesitant at first, I gave in and it became my Valentines day present!

Also, speaking of Valentines day presents: my wonderful boyfriend was sweet enough to buy me two pieces of jewelry from my FAVORITE designer when she popped up on RueLaLa one day. It was torture to look at all of her beautiful pieces marked 60% off and not buy everything, but Vlady offered to get me a couple of things, so I ended up with a sparkly red bangle and a rose gold chain link necklace. He's a good boyfriend.

So all in all.. I'm having a hard time with this. I'm sure it will get easier, and as I get busier with work in the coming months I won't even have time to THINK about clothes, much less shop for them!

Oh, I did actually buy ONE thing recently.. but it's not for me. Let's just say I'm going to have a stylin little niece!

**Sorry for the horrible picture quality! I took a screen shot to send the picture to my sister, and that's the only picture I could find of this adorable outfit! Tatum will be so stylish this summer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment