Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Yes, I've started a new blog

Although I love writing about food and cooking, and plan on continuing to do so in the future, I decided that there are just way too many other things that I want to write about as well. So I've decided to create a new blog, one where I can express my views and opinions on anything and everything (you're all super excited, I know).

The title of my blog may be confusing to some people though, so I'm thinking that for my first post it's only appropriate that I tell the story of how I obtained my most frequently used nickname: Ree.

I have come to acquire quite a few nicknames over the years: leah-tard (that story to come later), heifer, little heifer (a whole different story that is to come later as well), penguin, sexual harassment penguin (still no idea how I acquired that one), and Coley just to name a few. But none of my nicknames have stuck more and been around longer than Ree.

When I was born, my sister at the age of 2 1/2 could not pronounce my name correctly so she would therefore call me "Rittle Rittle Reah" instead of "Little Little Leah" (yes, I've always been small). So for years my family would call me Rittle Rittle Reah as a nickname, until the day that my mom and my sister changed it all.

One day out of the blue my mom starts calling my sister (Brittany) "B", so in return my sister starts calling my mom (Donna) "D". Being the loving family that they are they decided not to leave me out, but "Lee" just wasn't going to work. That's when they instead decided to call me "Ree", short for Reah, and that has stuck with me ever since.

It has stuck so much actually that I don't remember the last time anyone in my family called me by my real name (unless I was in trouble, in which case my real first and middle names were used, and then I knew I had done something really, really bad).

So that's what this blog is all about, the world according to me, Ree.

No comments:

Post a Comment